Real Reiki® from Japan to the Western World
- Are you curious about Reiki?
- Have you heard of Reiki but it just doesn't make sense?
- Do you want to learn how an ancient “Japanese" healing technique came to the West?
- Have you heard there are different kinds of Reiki and you don't understand why?
- Do you enjoy reading about unique aspects of history?
“Reiki” is a Japanese word for an ancient science of energy often used for healing on all levels. Hawayo Takata, a Japanese-American born in 1900 in Hawaii, learned Reiki in Japan and brought it to the Western world.Reiki Historytraces Takata's life and the rising popularity of Reiki. The story continues with Mrs. Takata's successor to the intact science, Dr. Barbara Ray, whose work and dedication made Real Reiki® (known in English as The Radiance Technique®) available throughout the Western world.
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, Reiki History: Real Reiki® from Japan to the Western World is the book for you. Pulling together many primary, contemporaneous sources, some never before published, this book explores an historical tapestry from the Japanese in Hawaii in the nineteenth century all the way to students learning Real Reiki® worldwide today.
"A fascinating look at Reiki from a different perspective."
"This book is exquisite."
"I meant to go eat dinner and instead kept reading just another page and then another…"